Thursday, March 2, 2017

Professional Hopes and Goals




One hope that I have about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that I want to remain anti-bias. I want my families to know that everyone is unique in their own way. One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity ,and social justice is to let each child be who they are and always be a voice for my children and families. My goal is to always teach each child to be fair.

A brief note to my colleagues:

I would like to thank each and every one of my colleagues for sharing their knowledge on equity, diversity and social justice. I have learned a lot from each of you. I was glad to learn that I am not alone, and believe that we should treat our families and children fair. We all have learned not to assume. I wish each and every one of you on your road to success! Thanks for having a listening ear.

See you in the next class.

1 comment:

  1. In return, I would like to wish you the best as you continue your journey. I too, have learned so much about myself and how "isms" influences my teaching styles and interactions with parents, children and co-workers. I believe I have become a better teacher and motivator for those entrusted in me everyday.
    Thanks again for your support throughout the course!

    ReplyDelete