Saturday, April 1, 2017

Communicator

When I think about they way I communicate. I see myself as a leader when I am communicating. I was so surprise that some people saw me as controlling; stating that I have a way of influencing people. I have been told when I speak its hard for people not to follow me. I ask was this question; is this a bad thing?  I was told it can be good or bad, because everyone needs to feel comfortable when they are communicating. I was shocked, because I am the one connects with other people. I look at it as expressing myself when I speak.

I have learned a lot in this course about communication. The one thing that I have learned this week is how to improve my perceptions. I need to learn how to look beyond first impressions. As the old saying goes, "Never judge a book by it's cover." This is so true! The most important thing I learn; question your assumption. I think we all need to work on this one. We are always assuming. We need to ask questions and go from the questions. We need to understand that that world we live in a diverse world.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Guadalupe,
    I see that you are very confident in communicating. I do not think that is bad, because the whole idea of communication is to pass a message to get a desired response which could be seen as influencing others. However, it will be nice to hear the feedback from others claiming that you are controlling. Maybe by asking them to carry out both the Communication Anxiety Inventory and Verbal Aggressiveness Scale assessment, you might be able to get feedback on areas you need to improve on.

    Thanks,
    Blessing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Guadalupe,

    I agree with you, "we need to understand our diverse world." Since the world is so incredibly diverse and communications come in such a wide variety of forms, it is important to know many appropriate and helpful interpersonal skills. As child care professionals, we must stay in tune with our own emotions to help enable us to understand the emotions of others. For example, when communicating with our families we should try not be judgmental or biased by preconceived ideas or beliefs. We should view the different situations and responses from the other person’s perspective.

    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being confident in how you communicate is not always a bad thing, it normally the issue of the person who stated that it was or can be bad. Most of the time people who speak on your actions in a negative manner are envy of you and reaction of the people you both encounter.

    ReplyDelete